FLU SEASON 2020
We are now able to offer eligible patients for flu vaccinations. Those eligible for flu vaccinations are those who are 65 + and those aged 18-65 with a chronic condition such as:-
Motor Neurone Disease
Immunosuppression due to diseases such as HIV/ AIDS
Or if you have a BMI over 40
Or you are pregnant
Or you are a carer
If you fall into one of these categories, please contact the surgery after 10.30am to make an appointment or contact us via AskMyGP anytime.
Flu Vaccinations this year will be given on a strictly appointment basis only.
As you are probably aware, this year will be a very challenging year for delivering the flu vaccine program due to the current pandemic situation we are in. We want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to maintain a safe environment. We are adhering to strict Government Guidelines regarding Infection Control with Personal Protective Equipment (gloves, masks and visors) within your appointment and strict cleaning regimes in between patients. We are controlling the amount of patients that we are seeing in our vaccination clinics to ensure that we can maintain social distancing. We also ask you to play your part in preventing the spread of Covid 19, by following the attached measures
As you can appreciate, managing flu clinics during a pandemic has resulted in us changing the way we operate our clinics and therefore ask patients to follow these instructions:
- We are operating on an appointment only basis- please do not turn up if you do not have an appointment. You will be turned away and asked to make an appointment.
- You will be allocated a time slot and you must attend at that time slot, please do not attend earlier as you will be asked to wait until your allocated time.
- Equally please do not turn up late, you are likely to be turned away
- Bring a face covering and wear it. We will have a small supply of face masks with us – we will be asking for a small donation for charity if you use one of ours. Wearing of face masks is for your protection as well as ours.
- There will be a queuing system in place and due to infection control measures, we will not be providing seats. Please also be prepared to queue outside the building should the need arise (Please bring an umbrella as we can’t guarantee Autumn sunshine)
- In order to speed up the process and keep queuing to a minimum, please do not wear layers into the clinics and come dressed so we can access your arm easily.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on the way into the building
- We are operating a one way in one way out basis- please follow the instructions given by our team members.
- There will be limited parking at the clinics, please bear this in mind- if you can walk please do so.
If you do not wish to have a flu vaccination this year, please download and complete the Exemption Form (click the link) and return to Ammantawe.email@example.com or drop it into the mail box of any of our sites.
If you are unwell or display any signs of COVID 19, please do not attend for your appointment. Please ring the surgery and re arrange the appointment.