The Living Life Well Programme - Swansea Bay Health Board
The Living Life Well Programme offers a range of services available to any one in the community of Neath Port Talbot/Powys/Swansea area.
Below is an overview of our services and further resources:
The Stress Control course is designed to help you:
Understand the causes behind stress, anxiety and worry
- Learn about vicious circles in these areas and how to break them
- Learn techniques to control your stress for example stressful thoughts and stressful feelings
- Practice stress reducing techniques in your life
- Learn how to gain control other problems that often accompany stress, such as low mood, panic attacks and poor sleep
- Meet other people with similar experiences
Living Life Well Programme 2019 dates
Stress Control Poster
The ACTivate Your Life course is designed to help to:
Accept the things you cannot change
- Reduce your suffering and have more freedom to do the things you want to do
- Understand why your struggles to overcome your problems may be making things worse
- Do things differently and have more control over your actions
- Learn more about how your mind works and how you can take more control
ACTivate Your Life Poster
Stress Control and ACTivate your Life Courses - Hywel Dda Health Board
Stress Control and ACTivate your life courses is available for patients in the Carmarthenshire area and are under the Hywel Dda Healthboard.
Stress Control is a four session course. It is for people who want to learn better ways to get on top of their problems such as depression, anxiety, panic, poor sleep and low self confidence. Stress Control is a class and not group therapy so you don’t have to talk about your problems. You just need to turn up, sit back and learn some great ways to control stress. Stress is common, therefore there may be lots of people in the class.
ACTivate your Life
ACTivate your Life is a psychology course that will help you to understand yourself better, and to understand your mind. The course is based on a relatively new approach to therapy – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT helps people to overcome their suffering using ‘mindfulness’ and by helping you to understand how to live in accordance with your own important values. The course is all about having a better life.