Sickness Certificates

If you are absent from work owing to illness for up to three days, you need no certificate. For longer periods, your employer should provide a self-certification form. If you are unemployed or self-employed, you can obtain a SC1 form from the reception desk.

A doctor’s certificate is only needed for an illness lasting more than seven days. The doctor may need to see you in person unless he has a recent letter about your illness from a hospital or from another doctor you have seen in connection with the relevant condition.

All Med3 Sickness Forms need to have a request form filled with them. A request form is available in any of the six branches, fill in the form and hand in to reception. The GP will then review this and complete accordingly. Once completed you can collect from your nearest surgery.

Please ensure forms are only handed in to surgery ON the date its due or onwards.

MED 3 Request Form - you can email this request to

NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website